Zip Code data is not provided by WhatCounts. If a subscriber does not have a zip code data in their profile, they will not be included in the Segment.
There are numerous resources you can look up on the internet that provide you with Metropolitan zip codes or visual map representations of zip code radius areas. This may be helpful for how you target subscribers.
How we can help:
If you do not have Zip Code or other geographic data for your subscribers please contact your Customer Success Manager and they can work with you to append this data to your email records via our 3rd party solution providers.
How to Set up:
Since Zip Code field is a standard field in the subscriber table, you do not need to create a custom field for this data.
STEP #1: CREATE SEGMENTATION RULE
- Create a specific Segmentation rule by clicking “Add” on the Segmentation Page
- Click on Gear Button in the upper left to add the Rule Properties
- Segmentation Name = Name of area (Atlanta Metropolitan area or Subscribers within X miles of Store ID 123)
- Segmentation Description = Subscribers located within X distance of a store, or area of interest
- For this we will create as many Segmentation Rules as needed for targeting purposes
- Save all Segments under the Geographic Segmentation Folder
STEP #2: ADD CONDITIONS
- Select “Subscribers” table by clicking the arrow
- Drag “Zip Code” field onto the canvas
- Select desired “Distance” as the operator field
- Value = Enter your zip code
- Repeat for each zip code targeted area
- Make a Segmentation Rule for subscribers that do not have a zip code in their profile as well so you can target those subscribers differently. Add one condition for "Zip” “Equals” [nothing] and another where “Zip” “Is Null”.