How do I show additional content in the “View in a browser window” page that may not appear in the original email message when a subscriber clicks a Display Message link?
If you would like to include additional content in your Display Message page, do the following:
- Go to CONTENT > VIEW ARTICLES to display the Articles page.
- Click "Add Article" to create an article.
- Enter an Article Name.
- Click CREATE or SAVE.
- Go to CONTENT > VIEW TEMPLATES to display the Templates page.
- Click "Add new template" to create a template.
- Enter a Name and Subject.
- Enter your message content in the HTML tab.
- Add the Display Message tag to your content. (%%DISPLAY_MSG%%)
- In your message, determine where you want the extra content to appear in the Display Message page and include the following tags, where [article_name] is the name of your article:
%%if __VIEWMODE = "WEB" then includearticle "[article_name]"%%
- Click CREATE or SAVE to save the template.
You may include additional content in multiple places in your Display Message page by adding the includearticle tag in each place. You can reuse the same article in each instance, or create several different articles to include.
When a subscriber receives the email message, this special content will not appear in the email version of the HTML or Multipart MIME formatted message. However, when the subscriber clicks the Display Message link, the message defined in the HTML tab will display in a browser window, and the additional content will appear.
This also works with the Display Message Video page, since it also displays the same content from the HTML tab of your template.