The platform can generate HTML code for your poll once it is created. The Poll Wizard automatically creates the HTML for either an Email or Web-based Poll.
To generate a Poll
- Go to CONTENT > VIEW POLLS to view the list of polls.
- Click the icon for the Poll from the Wizard column in the list.
- In the Poll Wizard, select the type of Poll code you need based on how your poll will be distributed to voters: Email or Web Page. In order to use a poll on a web page, the Poll must be set to Anonymous.
- Click NEXT to generate the code. The difference between the Email and Web Page options is in the form’s method attribute. A poll distributed in an email message uses a form method of "GET", while a poll on a web page uses "POST".
- Click SELECT ALL to select the code, and then press CTRL+C on the keyboard to copy the code. Paste the code into your email Template or add it to a webpage.
Warning: Some email clients strip <FORM> code from email messages. If this is the case, the recipient will not be able to submit a vote with the Poll. To help alleviate this issue, use the Display Message feature to allow recipients to see a working version of the message and participate in the Poll.