Schedule a Normal campaign to all or some subscribers with the Schedule Campaign Wizard. Before you can schedule a Normal Campaign, you must create a List, add Subscribers, and create a Template. To learn more about the available deployment options, see Deploy Campaign Wizard Variations.
To Schedule a Normal Campaign
- Go to TASKS > CALENDAR. This will open the Calendar page where you can see all scheduled tasks in a selected month as well as schedule future events.
- Click Campaign Deployment. This will display the Schedule Campaign Deployment wizard.
- For Mailing Type, select Normal. The wizard will refresh to reflect the options you select.
- Select a List from the List Name listbox or by clicking BROWSE next to the listbox.
If you click Browse, the List Browse window will popup displaying all lists defined in the realm sorted by folder and list name. Click a List to select it and close the popup.
- Select a Template from the Template listbox or by clicking BROWSE next to the listbox.
If you click Browse, the Template Browse window will popup displaying all templates defined in the realm sorted by folder and list name. Click a Template to select it and close the popup.
If you have defined a default Template in your List that you wish to use, you can skip this step.
- Select an Account Profile to use when filling the Account Profile tags in your content. The Account Profile defined in the List is selected by default. If no Account Profile tags are defined in your content, you can skip this step.** Once a Profile is selected, click the PREVIEW icon to view the fields and values assigned to the Profile.
- If you wish to target a specific segment of your list, select a Segmentation Rule from the Segmentation listbox or by clicking BROWSE next to the listbox.
If you click Browse, the Segmentation Rule Browse window will popup displaying all Segmentation Rules defined in the realm sorted by folder and list name. Click a Segmentation Rule to select it and close the popup.
- Click UPDATE COUNTS to see the number of subscribers that match the List and Segmentation selections.
- To help distinguish this campaign from others with the same settings, enter a unique Campaign Name. If you are using a list with Sticky Campaigns enabled, enter the Campaign Name of the campaign to stick.
- Select the Format of the content you wish to send. The format you select must be defined in the Template selected above, otherwise you will be prompted to change your selection.
- Enter a Start Date, the date on which you wish to run the campaign. Click the Calendar button to search and select a date or type the date directly into the field in the format mm/dd/yyyy. Start Date will default to today's date.
- If scheduling a recurring test that will run multiple times, enter an End Date, the last date on which you wish the test to deploy. Click the Calendar button to search and select a date or type the date directly into the field in the format mm/dd/yyyy. End Date will default to No End Date, which means the recurring campaign will run indefinitely.
- Enter a Start Time, the time of day which you wish to run the campaign. Enter the time in the format hh:mm AM/PM (such as 10:30 AM or 1:05 PM). The Start Time will default to five minutes from the time the wizard was open.
- If scheduling a recurring test, set the Frequency.
- If you wish to receive an email when the scheduled campaign has been deployed, select Notification.
- If Workflow is enabled in your List properties, you can choose at what time you wish to send the workflow approval message. The default is to send the Workflow message at the time that the campaign is scheduled to deploy (just at). This means that you will receive the Workflow email at the Start Time, and the campaign will deploy immediately after the Workflow is approved. Alternately, choose to send the Workflow message:
- by hourly increments before the scheduled Start Time. Select the specific hourly increment, or allow the system to calculate the number of hours between the Start Time and current time.
- by auto-calculated time*. This will cause the workflow message to send nearly immediately after the scheduled event is created by setting the Workflow hour increment to the number of hours between the Start Time and time the Scheduled Event was submitted, rounded up. When you open the Scheduled Event to edit it, the Workflow Approval will be set to the specific hours.
- For example, if the Start Time is set to 6:30 pm, and the time is currently 2:10 pm, the Workflow Approval will be set to 5 hours. If the Start Time is set to 8:05 pm two days from now, and the time is currently 9:30 am, the Workflow Approval is set to 35 hours.
- The auto-calculate option may not be appropriate for recurring scheduled tasks. If you choose to use auto-calculate with a recurring task, you may wish to open the Scheduled Event to ensure the calculated hour will work for your approval process.
You will receive a confirmation email once the campaign is deployed and the it will appear in REPORTS > VIEW CAMPAIGNS. If Workflow is enabled for your List, you will receive the Workflow Approval message at the specified time.
*Auto-Calculate Workflow added in v9.3.4
**Account Profiles added in v12.02