When you create or edit a Realm, several settings affect how you may use the available features. The available Realm Settings are as follows:
- Name: Name of the Realm, 12 characters or less, no spaces or special characters. Do not end with a top level domain like ".com" as that could cause problems with some platform functionality. Available to Private Label Admins.
- Description: Short description of the realm. Available to Private Label Admins.
- Parent code: Select the name of the Parent Realm if this is a child
- Active: Select to make this Realm active and usable. Available to Private Label Admins.
- Quiesced: Take the realm offline, do not update data from logs or include in scanning
- Demo status: Select to designate the realm for Demo purposes only, such as for prospective clients, and indicate a limit for the maximum number of subscribers allowed in the Realm. Available to Private Label Admins.
- Database Profile: Select an alternate Database if new realm will be on a shard
- Create a new database for this realm then select
- Database Server: Select type of Database to create
- Customer Key: Add unique identifier for subscriber records
- Customer Key Approval: Email address of the WhatCounts Employee who approved use of Customer Key for the realm.
- Date/Time Storage: Enable Millisecond Precision when storing Date/Time in the database. Do not enable for realms with MySQL prior to 5.6.4 and MySQL databases that have not been modified to support millisecond precision.
- OEM Features:
- Customer is OEM: Select to allow customized Login URL and Images in order to resell features to third-party users.
- Login URL: Enter a fully qualified custom URL to access the system, e.g. https://oem.mydomain.com.
- Login Page, Small Image URL: URL to the small logo image displayed on the Login page above the required Login fields. The image will resize to display at height of 70 pixels.
- Login Page, Left Side Image URL: URL to the large image displayed on the Login page to the left of the Login fields. The image will resize to the height of the browser space.
- Header Image URL: URL to the small header image displayed in the upper, left-hand corner of the site after login. The image will resize to display at height of 40 pixels.
- Sub-Realms: Select to enable this Realm as a parent realm and allow it to have child realms. Set 'Base realm name' to identify the child realms. All child realm names will be prefixed with this value plus an underscore (ie: parent_child).
- Timezone: Select the local timezone for data reporting
- Layout Palette: Configure color settings for use when editing Creative Library Layouts. When a realm is created, the default HEX values are set. Edit the HEX values using the format #xxx or #xxxxxx, the 3 or 6 digit HEX value for the color you wish to use. (new in v11.3.0)
- Automation Actions: Days until Waiting Actions are purged from inactive Automation Campaigns. Enter a value from 1 to 30 days, default is 14 days. (new in v11.15.0)
- Support Email: Email address to send support requests submitted from the Customer Care Form. If blank, requests are sent to the default address configured for the platform.
- On Call Email: Email address to send emergency support requests submitted from the Customer Care Form. If blank, requests are sent to the default address configured for the platform.
- System Notification Email: Internal support email address to send system messages, such as heartbeat and Theme edit notifications.
- Client Notification Email: Client email address to send system errors, such as campaign failures and Relational imports. This is used in addition to the Notification email for the campaign and the Admin Email set in the List properties.
- Default Bounce Address: Email address to use when a List is deployed with no Bounce Address defined. If your Realm has a single Bounce Address, then it should be set here in the format: MAILBOX??EMAIL_REFfirstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Bounce Address setup, see Bounce Address.
- Customer is allowed to use the API: Select to allow use of all APIs
- Customer can send to cc in one-off messages: Select to allow use of the CC in HTTP API send commands only
- Base URLs: Define one or more BaseURLs for tracking. URLs must be prefixed with http:// or https://. The BaseURLs are available to select in the List Properties.
- If removing base urls, also remove from lists (this time only): When deleting, select to remove BaseURL from existing lists
- Children see these values in their dropdown list: Share to child realms.
- Virtual MTA Tag: Define one or more VMTAs to use for publishing. The VMTAs are available to select in List Properties.
- Children see these values in their dropdown list unless otherwise defined: Share to child realms if child does not have VMTAs defined
- Sync Enabled: Select to allow the use of Event Macros. The option to define Event Macros will appear in the List Properties.
- Track sends: Select to create a tracking event for every piece of mail sent through the UI. This does affect publishing and database performance for very large campaigns. This is only available on Broadcasters.
- Track browser stats: Select to track which browser an event was initiated from. This is only available on Broadcasters.
- Retain Tracking Data: Select to determine how often tracking data will be archived. If none specified, tracking data will not be deleted at all. The data is retained 18 months by default.
- Archive rolled-up data: Store a compressed version of the deleted data
- Import Prevention: Prevent Realm from adding new subscribers.
- Extraction Prevention: Prevent Realm from exporting data or running reports
- Deployment Prevention: Prevent Realm from deploying campaigns
- Priority Boost: Select to put campaigns sent from this realm at the head of the publishing queue. This is useful for Realms that send time sensitive campaigns, such as Breaking News releases. This cannot be set if Throttling is enabled.
- Campaign Throttling: Select to allow throttling published messages on a per campaign basis. This allows you to determine how many messages to send per hour from the system.
- Realm Throttling: Select to allow throttling published messages for every campaign at a specific number of messages per hour.
Data Storage (Relational Data)
- Use Relational Database: Select to allow creation of Relational Database tables and data storage. This option must be enabled in order to integrate with Rapleaf and Windsor Circle.
- Max Table Depth: Maximum number of tables that can be nested, where the Subscribers table is always the first depth. Default is 2 tables deep.
- Max Number of Columns: Maximum number of data columns allowed in each table. Default is 30 columns.
- Foreign Key Required: Always set to True, no option to change this setting.
- Analytics: Select to allow integration with Omniture or Google Analytics. A contract is required to use Omniture integration.
Google Analytics supports customization of five UTM tags. If set, every tracking URL in a message will use the tags defined in the Realm Settings by default, unless otherwise defined at the time of campaign deployment. Default Google Analytics attributes are added as follows (*New Google Analytics UTM Content and UTM Term tags added in v11.10.0 release.):
- UTM Source: WhatCountsEmail
- UTM Medium: List Name plus Segmentation Rule Name deployed
- UTM Campaign: Template Name deployed
- UTM Content: No default
- UTM Term: No default
- Video Integration: Select to allow publishing Video in messages, and set the Video Key.
- Social Networking: Select to allow publishing tracked links to supported Social Networks. Enabled by default.
- Store FTAF Recipient: Select to store email address of FTAF friends. This option should not be enabled in countries that prohibit storing this data.
- Deliverability: Select to allow use of Deliverability Reporting and set default reporting options. A delivery services contract is required to run reports. Available to Private Label Admins.
- RapLeaf: Select to allow integration with Rapleaf, then set the Connection Key
- Windsor Circle: Select to allow integration with Windsor Circle. (New in v11.3.0)
- Confirmation captcha: Select to require all Subscribe requests to be confirmed using a CAPTCHA generated code. Available to Private Label Admins.
- Email Unsub: Select to make all Unsubscribe requests global rather than list level opt-outs. Available to Private Label Admins.
- Soft Bounce Thresholds: Select to allow Soft Bounces to convert to Hard Bounce and remove subscription after defined number of bounces in time frame. Available to Private Label Admins.
- Profile Updates: Select to skip the confirmation step when a subscriber changes their profile. Available to Private Label Admins.
- Registration Profile: Select an LDAP or RADIUS Registration Profile. This is only available on Broadcasters. Available to Private Label Admins.