Advanced list features are related to tracking, scheduled publishing, custom fields, and campaigns.
The Base URL changes all tracking links in your email messages to use your realm branding rather than the default system domain. This is done using a DNS alias, or CNAME, (See Branded Base URLs for Tracking). When your list is sent with tracking enabled, all links are replaced with a system generated URL. Since links are hidden in HTML, this domain is only visible is in plain-text.
- Base URL: Customize the tracking URL by selecting a Base URL. Do not use the Base URL field unless it has been properly configured. An invalid Base URL would cause all links in your email to fail.
Virtual MTA Tag
- Virtual MTA Tag: The Virtual MTA is the IP through which your campaigns are published. This IP is important to ensure deliverability. If you do not have a VMTA defined for your realm, this field will be hidden and your campaigns will publish using the default system IP.
FTAF allows you to provide a link in your content to track when subscribers forward your message. Customize the form and landing pages for each list by entering the fully qualified URL to the content in the correct FTAF field.
- Custom form: Fully qualified URL location of the branded form.
- Envelope: Fully qualified URL location of the branded envelope.
- Landing Page: Fully qualified URL location to redirect after submitting the FTAF form.
- Error Landing Page: Fully qualified URL location to redirect when there is a problem with the form.
- Allow anonymous requests: Select if the FTAF form will be used on a webpage instead of in an email.
- Use list from address instead of sender's address: Select to have the forwarded message sent from the List's From address instead of the subscriber's email address.
Setup RSS Subscriber preferences (Removed in v11.16.0):
- Default title: Title for this list when publishing directly to an RSS feed.
- Default description: Description to be used for the feed from this list.
- No content message: Message to be used before subscriber receives first RSS message.
- De-dupe on send: Select to send only one message per email address when this List is used. A message will only be sent to the first subscriber with the duplicated email address so only one version is received at the subscribers’ mailbox.
When you import subscribers, duplicates are not created unless you have enabled duplicates and each instance of the email address has a different first name. For example, you may have several subscription records where the email address is the same but the first name is different, such as the case with a family email address.
When you publish content, it is important to verify it is correct. This feature is especially beneficial when content is pulled from an external source, such as through SmartGet, and requires final approval before publishing. The workflow feature sends an email with a form to specified addresses whenever List is deployed. A workflow user must click 'Approve' before the entire Campaign will be sent.
- Approval is required before sending: Select to enable workflow.
- Email(s): Enter one or more email address(es) separated by comman to which workflow message should be sent.
List-Unsubscribe is a third-party tool to include an Unsubscribe link in your headers and at the top of the email message. Some email clients support List-Unsubscribe, a dynamic 'Unsubscribe' link that is defined in the message header. This feature is enabled by default when a new list is created.
- Include List-Unsubscribe in email headers: Select to include an Unsubscribe link in the header of any message sent using this list. By default, a URL to the system Unsubscribe link will be included in the email header.
The following options were added in v9.6.0:
- HTTP Value: Define an alternate unsubscribe link.
- Email Value: Define an optional Email address to send an opt-out request in the format:
- Publish using the same (initial) campaign: Select to aggregate all tracking from any Campaign sent over time via this List into a single Campaign report. By default, when a list is published, a unique campaign is created and tracking information is associated with the campaign. Sticky campaigns are useful in some instances you want to keep tracking information in a single campaign, such as recurring messages, like welcome messages for new subscribers, and API campaigns.
Set Data Macro
- Execute Macro: Select a Set Data Macro from the listbox. The macro will set the value of one to three custom fields for each subscriber when a campaign is deployed using this List. If you have no macro defined in your realm, this option will be hidden.