How do I create a segmentation rule to pull only the subscribers who have clicked in the last 'X' months?
The following example uses the Standard Segmentation to create a rule that will target only the subscribers who clicked a link in the last 3 months. Use the following steps and modify for your needs.
- Go to LISTS > SEGMENTATION > CREATE STANDARD RULE.
- Enter a Name.
- Enter an optional Description.
- Create the first condition for the Event Type:
- Select a field: Tracking Event Type
- Select an Operator: equal sign (=)
- Select a Value: Clicked on URL
- Click ADD CONDITION to create a new condtion.
- Create the second condition for the Event Date range:
- Select a field: Tracking Event Date
- Select the Date Sub-Type: Months Between
- Set the Date: Today (this is a string to dynamically use today's date)
- Select an Operator: less than or equal sign (<=)
- Enter a Value: 3
- Click SAVE.
Your rule should appear as follows:
This segmentation rule will find all subscribers who had a clickthrough event in the last 3 months in any campaign on the realm. To limit the clickthrough event to a specific list, you can add another condition with the Tracking List ID: