Mobile content can be shared via a Display Message link to subscribers who need an alternate way to view content on a Mobile device.
If you are targeting subscribers using a mobile device to view email, you may wish to format your content based on the mobile format for a device. For example, you may create a very short, simple text message to display a main point for text based devices, or you may use modified HTML with resized or fewer images to display in devices with a smaller display space.
For templates with a Mobile Format defined, you can then include a link to the Mobile version in your Plain Text or HTML message. When a subscriber clicks the Mobile Display Message link within a received message, the Mobile Format version of the message will display in a new browser window, and a tracking event will be recorded for later reporting.
To add Mobile format content
- Go to CONTENT > VIEW TEMPLATES to display the Templates page.
- Click ADD (Create New Template), or select a template to edit and display the Create / Edit Templates page.
- If a new template, enter a Name and Subject.
- Enter your message content into the Plain Text and/or the HTML tabs.
- Click the MOBILE tab and enter the content to display when a subscriber clicks to Display Mobile Message. The Mobile tab supports both plain text and HTML content.
- Click ADD TAGS.
- From the Display Message listbox, select either 'Display Mobile Message(HTML Version)' or 'Display Mobile Message (Plain Version)' depending on the format of the content you are adding to the template.
- Click HIGHLIGHT TAG.
- Either right click on the highlighted text and select COPY from the menu, or press the CTRL+c keys on the keyboard to copy the link.
- In the template content, click to select the HTML tab. Paste the link in the desired location. Either right click in the Body field and select PASTE from the menu, or press the CTRL+v keys on the keyboard.
- Click CREATE or SAVE to save the template.
You can then deploy the template in a campaign. When the subscriber receives the message, he or she can either view the message as is, or click the Mobile Display Message link to open the Mobile Format version of the message in a new browser window.
To manually create a Mobile Display Message link, format the link as follows:
Where [siteURL] is the URL to access your system. When a campaign is sent, the %%SUBSCRIBER_ID_TAG%% is converted to an encoded value that will identify the campaign and subscriber to track the event.