Include links in your message to post to Social Networking sites.
To add Social Media links to your Template
- Go to CONTENT > VIEW TEMPLATES to display the Templates page.
- Click Create New Template, or select a template to edit and display the Create / Edit Templates page.
- If a new template, enter a Name and b.
- Click the HTML tab to enter the content for your email message.
- Click ADD TAGS. The Template Tags popup will display.
- Click the Social Tags tab.
- Enter a Title for the message. By default, the Title will display the Subject line of the message.
- If you are including a LinkedIn link in your content, enter Summary and Source. Both fields are Required to post to LinkedIn, but may be unused for other sites.
- If you are including a Pinterest link in your content, enter the Media URL. This is a URL to an image that will be posted to Pinterest.
- If you wish to share content other than that displayed in your template, you can enter a URL. This allows you flexibility to share only a specific part of your content, or something completely different.
- Select one or more Social Network options: Facebook, LinkedIn, Digg, StumbleUpon, Twitter, MySpace, Google+, Pinterest.
- Select the pixel size of the icon you would like displayed in your content: 16x16, 20x20, or 32x32
- Click GENERATE SOCIAL MEDIA TAG. Each tag will include a hyperlinked image for the selected network(s).
- Click HIGHLIGHT TAG.
- Either right click on the highlighted text and select COPY from the menu, or press the CTRL+c keys on the keyboard to copy the link.
- Paste the link in the desired location within the HTML content of your message. Either right click in the Body field and select PASTE from the menu, or press the CTRL+v keys on the keyboard.
- Click CREATE or SAVE to save the template.
You can also use the Social Media tags in an Article.
When the subscriber recieves a campaign message and clicks the image icon for the Social Network, a page will display from which to post the message to their network. This results in a 'Share' tracking event recorded for this campaign and subscriber.
From this post, the friends or followers in the subscriber's network can click the link to view an HTML version of the posted message. Each click results in a 'View' tracking event for the campaign. When the viewer clicks a link, this results in a 'Click' tracking event for the campaign.
While it is possible to include a link to post to a Social Network from a Plain Text version of a message, only the content defined in the HTML tab of the template will be displayed when someone clicks to view the post. To manually create a Social Media Sharing link to use within Plain Text content, format the link as follows:
Where [siteURL] is your system, [NETWORK_CODE] is the Social Media Network abbreviation, [TITLE] is the title of the post, and [SOURCE]and [SUMMARY] are the additional data to identify the post in LinkedIn, [IMAGE_URL] is the image to post in Pinterest, and [URL] is the alternate content to post instead of the template's HTML content. When a campaign is sent, the %%SUBSCRIBER_ID_TAG%% is converted to an encoded value that will identify the campaign and subscriber to track the event. The link in your pre-deployment template should appear similar to the following:
Network code abbreviations include:
- Digg: dg
- FaceBook: fb
- LinkedIn: ln
- MySpace: msp
- Twitter: tw
- Google+: gp
- StumbleUpon: su
- Pinterest: pi
NOTE: Before you can include the tracked Social Media links in your template, the feature must be enabled for your realm. If you are unable to see options to add Social Media links to your template, please contact our Support Team and ask to enable the feature.
Social Media tracking events are reported in several locations including the Campaign Details Overview, Report Wizard, Event Wizard and Scheduled Event Wizard, and the Campaign Statistics report in the Standard Report Library. Each report contains some combination of the following data available for the Display Message tracking events:
|Channel/Name||The name of the Social Network site/provider|
|Increased Reach||The total number of Views of the Post to the network.|
|Increased Reach Rate||The number of Views divided by the Total Messages Delivered (Messages Sent - Hard Bounces) for this campaign|
|Shares||The total number of Shares to the network|
|Share Rate||The number of Shares divided by the Total Messages Delivered (Messages Sent - Hard Bounces) for this campaign|
|Social Clicks||The total number of Clicks in the Post to the network|
|Social Clicks Rate||The number of Clicks divided by the Total Messages Delivered (Messages Sent - Hard Bounces) for this campaign|
|Click to View Rate||The number of Clicks divided by the number of Views in the Post to the network|
|Views||The total number of Views of the Post to the network|
|View Rate||The number of Views divided by the Total Messages Delivered (Messages Sent - Hard Bounces) for this campaign|