The Add Custom Field page allows you to define a field of a specific data type in order to store contact data.
To Create a Custom Field
- Go to CONTACTS > CUSTOM FIELDS and click ADD. This will display the Add Custom Field page.
- Enter a Name for the Field. Special characters and spaces are not allowed in the Name. Instead, use an underscore "_" to join words.
- Enter a Description for the Field to display on the Custom Fields page. The Description can also be displayed in Preference Sites.
- Select the data Type you wish to store: Number, Float, Date, Text, Large Text, or Unicode Text.
- Click SAVE to create the new field. Click CANCEL to return to the Custom Fields list without saving the new definition.
After you create the Custom Field, the page will close and the new field will appear in the Custom Fields page.