A Data Column is a set of data values of a single type within a Table. You may add up to 30 Data Columns per Table.
To Create a Data Column
- Go to SUBSCRIBERS > RELATIONAL TABLES and click the Table to which you would like to add a new Column.
- In the Edit Table page, click ADD COLUMN.
- In the Add Field page, enter a Column Name. The Column Name must be unique, 32 characters or less, and contain no spaces or special characters such as ^ ? % : | < > , ; & $ + = @ #.
- Enter a Description of the column.
- From the Type listbox, select the type of data to store: Number, Float, Date, or String. The Primary Key column must be of data type STRING or NUMBER. See Data Types to learn more about types of data.
- If the Type is set to String, you must define the number of characters allowed to store for the String. In Column Length field, enter a number from 1 to 512.
- If data must be stored within the field, set the option to Required. An Import will fail if data is required but the column does not exist in your import file or API command.
- Set the Unique option if the column will be used as the Primary Key for the Table.
- Select any combination of the Data Management options: Edit Column, Edit Data, Import,Export, Segmentation. See Data Management Options for full details and considerations about each option.
- Click SAVE to save the new column and display the Edit Table page. Click CANCEL to close the page without creating the new column and return to the Edit Table page.
Once the Column is created, it must be Activated before it can be used. If the Table has not yet been activated, then you will be unable to activate the Column. However, Activating the Table for the first time will also automatically activate any Columns that already exist in the Table.