Delete an Inactive Data Column.
To Delete a Data Column
- Go to CONTACTS > RELATIONAL TABLES to view the list of Tables.
- Click the Table in which the Data Column exists.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Edit Table page to locate the Column in the list, and then click DEACTIVATE if the status is currently Active.
NOTE: If the Data Column is currently in use by a Segmentation Rule or Template, then this action will fail and display an error. You must delete all items referring to the Data Column before it can be deactivated.
- Once the page refreshes, click DELETE next to the Data Column.
NOTE: If any other Tables are currently associated to the Table via Foreign Key, this action will fail and display an error. The Foreign Key associations must be removed before the Table can be deleted.
- When prompted to confirm, click YES to delete.
WARNING: Deleting a Data Column will remove it, its associated properties, and all data from the database. Contacts associated to the data in the column are not affected.