Publish a Normal campaign to all or some contacts with the Deploy Campaign Wizard. Before you can Deploy a Normal Campaign, you must create a List, add Contacts, and create a Template. To learn more about all the available options, see Deploy Campaign Wizard Variations.
To Deploy a Normal Campaign
- Go to TASKS > DEPLOY CAMPAIGN to display the Deploy Campaign page. The wizard will guide you through the options to send the campaign.
- For Mailing Type, select Normal. The wizard will refresh to reflect the options you select.
- Select a List from the List Name listbox or by clicking BROWSE next to the listbox.
If you click Browse, the List Browse window will popup displaying all lists defined in the realm sorted by folder and list name. Click a List to select it and close the popup.
- Select a Template from the Template listbox or by clicking BROWSE next to the listbox.
If you click Browse, the Template Browse window will popup displaying all templates defined in the realm sorted by folder and list name. Click a Template to select it and close the popup.
If you have defined a default Template in your List that you wish to use, you can skip this step.
- Select an Account Profile to use when filling the Account Profile tags in your content. The Account Profile defined in the List is selected by default. If no Account Profile tags are defined in your content, you can skip this step.*
- If you wish to target a specific segment of your list, select a Segmentation Rule from the Segmentation listbox or by clicking BROWSE next to the listbox.
If you click Browse, the Segmentation Rule Browse window will popup displaying all Segmentation Rules defined in the realm sorted by folder and list name. Click a Segmentation Rule to select it and close the popup.
- To help distinguish this campaign from others with the same settings, enter a unique Campaign Name. If you are using a list with Sticky Campaigns enabled, enter the Campaign Name of the campaign to stick.
- Select the Format of the content you wish to send. The format you select must be defined in the Template selected above, otherwise you will be prompted to change your selection.
- If you need to make additional selections to define your campaign, click ADVANCED SETTINGS. See see Deploy Campaign Wizard Variations for more information.
- Click NEXT. Depending on your Realm settings and Template content, you may see additional pages to enter values for Fillin Fields or to enable Deliverability. See more information about these options below or in Deploy Campaign Wizard Variations.
- On the Confirmation page, verify your selections and then click SEND to deploy the campaign. The Task Summary page displays the name of the List, the number of jobs ahead in the publishing queue, and the progress of the campaign as it is sending the messages.
At anytime throughout the wizard, you may click NEXT to continue to the next page of selections, click BACK to make changes on a previous page, or click CANCEL to close the wizard without deploying the campaign.
You will receive a confirmation email once the campaign is deployed. If Workflow is enabled for your List, you will receive the Workflow Approval message. Once complete, the campaign will appear in REPORTS > CAMPAIGNS.
The Confirmation page displays the selections you have made within the wizard as well as some of the properties from within your List, such as whether tracking is enabled or if Workflow Approval is required. In addition, the Template, Subject, and From Address are displayed.
The Confirmation page also displays the Number of Contacts, which is the total number of contacts in the selected List at the time the page is displayed.
Before you send the campaign, click UPDATE COUNTS to verify that the Number of Contacts displayed is near the number you are expecting. This will calculate the number of contacts expected to receive the campaign based on the total contacts in the List minus the contacts removed by the following:
- Dedupe List: an option in the List properties to send only one email to an email address, even if the same email address has multiple subscriptions (such as two or more people in same household have signed up for the list with same email address and different first name.)
- Segmentation Rule: an option on first page of wizard
- Suppression List: an option in Advanced Settings
- Limit # Sent: an option in Advanced Settings
Schedule Normal Campaigns
You may Schedule Normal Campaigns by going to TASKS > CALENDAR and selecting Schedule Campaign Deployment. The options are similar with the addition of options to set the date and time to deploy.
*Account Profiles added in v12.02