View the details and statistics of each Sample in the A/B Test Details page.
Selecting a Winning Sample
Four options are available to send the winning Sample content to the Remainder of subscribers. Three of these options must be defined when you create the A/B Definition and are triggered when the data collection is completed. The last option allows you can select a winner manually from the View A/B Tasks page at any time after the test has started.
Once the End Condition has been reached, the system calculates the rates and the Winner is selected in one of three ways:
- Send the winning sample automatically
The winning sample content is sent to the Remainder of the subscribers automatically. You will receive an email indicating which sample was the winner and sent.
- Approve automatically determined winner from email
An email is sent to the user who created the campaigns displaying the final rates for each sample and indicating which sample is the winner. You can click the link to send the winning sample to the Remainder, or you can decide to send an alternate sample by manually selecting the winner from View A/B Tasks.
- Manually select winner from email
An email is sent to the user who created the campaigns displaying the final rates for each sample. You can click a link next to the sample you would like to send to the Remainder.
Select Winner From View A/B Tasks
You can select a winner manually from View A/B Tasks. This gives you the flexibility to select a winner before the test is complete, select an alternate winner, or allows another user in your realm to select a winner in your absences. It is also helpful if multiple samples have the same results and you want to review the full campaign statistics before choosing a winner.
To manually select a winner:
- Go to TASKS > VIEW A/B TASKS.
- Select the task from the list. You can either click once to display the chart on the A/B Tests in Progress page, or double click to view the complete details of the Sample campaigns in the A/B Test Details page.
- Beneath the Event Chart, look at the Sample Legend.
- Click the Sample you wish to send to the Remainder of subscribers. A Choose Winner popup will display.
- Click YES to send the selected Sample. You will receive a message indicated the campaign has been Queued for Mailing.
- Click your browser's Back button to return to the list of A/B Tests in Progress.