Schedule an Automation campaign for deployment in the Schedule Campaign Wizard. Before you can schedule an Automation Campaign, you must create a List, add Subscribers, build an Automation Campaign, and any supporting items necessary to run the campaign, such as Template and/or List Definition. To learn more about the available deployment options, see Deploy Campaign Wizard Variations.
To Schedule an Automation Campaign
- Go to TASKS > CALENDAR. This will open the Calendar page where you can see all scheduled tasks in a selected month as well as schedule future events.
- Click Campaign Deployment. This will display the Schedule Campaign Deployment wizard.
- For Mailing Type, select Marketing Automation. The wizard will refresh to reflect the options you may select.
- Select a Campaign definition from the Marketing Automation listbox. All Automation Campaigns are displayed with their current status. Attempting to deploy to an Inactive campaign will result in a Warning and you will be unable to continue.
- Select a List from the List Name listbox or by clicking BROWSE next to the listbox. If you click Browse, the List Browse window will popup displaying all lists defined in the realm sorted by folder and list name. Click a List to select it and close the popup.
- Select an Account Profile to use when filling the Account Profile tags in your content. The Account Profile defined in the List is selected by default. If no Account Profile tags are defined in your content, you can skip this step.*
- If you wish to target a specific segment of your list, select a Segmentation Rule from the Segmentation listbox or by clicking BROWSE next to the listbox. If you click Browse, the Segmentation Rule Browse window will popup displaying all Segmentation Rules defined in the realm sorted by folder and list name. Click a Segmentation Rule to select it and close the popup.
- The Campaign Name field is available to set for Automation Campaigns, but will be ignored for reporting. You can skip this field.
- Click UPDATE COUNTS to see the number of subscribers that match the List and Segmentation selections.
- The Campaign Name field is available to set for Lifecycle Campaigns, but will be ignored for reporting. You can skip this field.
- Select the Format of the content you wish to send.
- Enter a Start Date, the date on which you wish to run the campaign. Click the Calendar button to search and select a date or type the date directly into the field in the format mm/dd/yyyy. Start Date will default to today's date.
- If scheduling a recurring test that will run multiple times, enter an End Date, the last date on which you wish the test to deploy. Click the Calendar button to search and select a date or type the date directly into the field in the format mm/dd/yyyy. End Date will default to No End Date, which means the recurring campaign will run indefinitely.
- Enter a Start Time, the time of day which you wish to run the campaign. Enter the time in the format hh:mm AM/PM (such as 10:30 AM or 1:05 PM). The Start Time will default to five minutes from the time the wizard was open.
- If scheduling a recurring test, set the Frequency.
- If you wish to receive an email when the scheduled campaign has been deployed, select Notification.
- When you are ready to add the campaign to the calendar, click SCHEDULE.
You will receive a confirmation email once the campaign is deployed and the it will appear in REPORTS > VIEW CAMPAIGNS.
Schedule Campaign Wizard Variations
The Schedule Campaign Wizard for Automation Campaigns does not support Advanced Settings (Suppression, Seed, Throttling, Set Data Macros, or Limit). Automation campaigns also do not support Deliverability seed lists, Fillin Fields, Workflow, and Social Network posting.
*Account Profiles added in v12.02