To enable Google Analytics for an Account Realm, please contact your Account Manager or email [email protected] Broadcaster customers with Super User access can enable the option by editing the Account Settings.
To Enable Google Analytics for your Account
- Go to CUSTOMER CARE > ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT > EDIT ACCOUNT.
- Select the Account to edit.
- In the Analytics section, select the option 'Customer is allowed to use'.
- From the listbox, select 'Google'. The Default Google Values fields displayed are not populated by default.
- To customize the default UTM tags, enter text into the fields. For example:
- UTM Source: WhatCounts Email
- UTM Medium: %%LIST_NAME%%%%SEGMENTATION_NAME%%
- UTM Campaign: %%TEMPLATE_NAME%%
- UTM Content:
- UTM Term:
Special characters, such as pound/hash tag and high-bit (Asian) characters, should not be used in these fields as the values are appended to URLs and may break your URL. For example, the question mark and ampersand have special meaning when used within a URL. If included in your UTM tag, the web browser will attempt to interpret the characters and cause the redirect to fail, throwing an error page to your web browser.
Special tags can be used to insert campaign information into Google Analytics tags. For more information, see this page.
*New Content and Term tags added in v11.10.0 release.