The Check Data action allows you to move Contacts in the workflow to separate branches based on the value of a Data field assigned to a Contact. If a Contact Data field matches, they will move down the Yes branch of the workflow, and all Contacts that do not match the value will move down the No branch of the workflow.
Clicking the Action in the workspace opens the Check Data popup. Several options must be set for each Check Data action:
- Table: Required listbox to select the Table containing the data to compare. You can choose to check data from the Contact Data table, Custom Data table, or a Relational data table.
- Column: Required listbox to select the data field in the Table. This option is populated after the Table is selected. Once selected, other options appear based on the the data type of the column.
- Type of Compare: Required listbox to select the comparison operator.
- Value to Compare to: Required textbox to define the value to match. The value can be a string, number, float, or date depending on the type of the data field selected in the Column option. If Type of Compare is set to 'Is Between' or 'Is Not Between', two fields will appear for Values. If the Type of Compare is set to 'Is Blank' or 'Is Not Blank', the Value field will not appear.
To Move Contacts Based on Data Check
- Drag the Check Data action to the workspace.
- Click the action to display the Check Data popup.
- Select the Table that contains the data to compare. You can choose to check data from the Contact Data table, Custom Data table, or a Relational data table. Once selected, the Column listbox is populated.
- Select the Column containing the data to compare. Once selected, two additional options appear.
- Select the Type of Compare, or data comparison operator. If the Column is a Date and you select is Between or is Not Between, a second Value field will display.
- Enter a Value to Compare to. The value can be a string, number, float, or date. It must match the data type of the selected Column.
- Click SAVE to save the action settings. Click CANCEL to close the popup without saving the changes.
The saved Check Data action will appear in the workspace with the Table name, Column name, Operator, and Value displayed in the action details.
If the Check Data action options have not been defined, it will appear in the workspace with a red border.
Attempts to save the Automation Campaign with an incorrectly defined action will result in an error, such as:
- Check Data Table is a required field. Please select a valid table.
- Check Data Column is a required field. Please select a valid column.
- Check Data action error.
- You may only select data comparison operators that support the data type of the selected Column.
- The comparison Value must be of the same type as the selected Column.
One input point from any other Action type.
Move Contacts that match the Data Check to the Yes output path. Move Contacts that do not match to the No path.
Two separate output points to any other Action type.