The Clicked action allows you to move Contacts in the workflow to separate branches based on an Click tracking event. The Clicked action must directly follow a Deploy action. If a Contact Clicks an email sent from a Deploy Email action, they will move down the Yes branch of the workflow, and all Contacts that did not Open the email will move down the No branch of the workflow.
Clicking the Action in the workspace opens the Clicked Email popup. Four options must be set for each Click action:
- Link Type: Listbox to select the specific Click Through Link to check. This option currently defaults to check Any click-through link. Specific link testing will be added in the future.
- Proceed: Radio button to select a when to move the Contacts to the next Action in the workflow:
- Proceed Immediately: As soon as a Contact has clicked, move to the Yes branch of the workflow. At the end of the Wait Duration, move all Contacts that have not clicked to the No branch.
- Proceed at end of Duration: At the end of the Wait Duration, move all Contacts that clicked the email to the Yes branch, and move all Contacts that have not clicked to the No branch.
- Wait Duration: Required number selector field. The value cannot be less than 1, and must be 15 or greater when the Unit is set to minutes.
- Wait Duration Unit: Required listbox to select the unit of time measurement: Day, Month, Year, Hour, Minute.
To Move Contacts Based on Click Tracking
- Drag the Clicked action to the workspace.
- Click the action to display the Clicked Email popup.
- Link Type will default to Any. No other options are available at this time.
- Select the Proceed option.
- Enter a Wait Duration.
- Select a Wait Duration Unit of Day, Month, Year, Hour, or Minute. If you select Minute, then the Wait Duration must be greater than or equal to 15.
- Click SAVE to save the action settings. Click CANCEL to close the popup without saving the changes.
The saved Clicked action will appear in the workspace with the Proceed Option (Within or After) and Wait Duration displayed in the action details.
If the Clicked action options have not been defined, it will appear in the workspace with a red border.
Attempts to save the Automation Campaign with an incorrectly defined action will result in an error, such as:
- Click Wait Duration can not be less than 0
- Click Proceed Option must be selected
- Click Link Type must be selected
- Once the Wait Duration has passed, all Contacts still remaining in the batch will move to either the Yes or No path.
- The Wait Duration cannot be less than 15 minutes.
- If you change the Wait Duration after the Automation Campaign has already been running, it will not affect Contacts currently waiting, only Contacts that enter the action after the Automation Campaign is reactivated.
One input point from any other Action type.
Move Contacts that Clicked the Email to the Yes output path. Move Contacts that did not Click the Email to the No path at the end of the Wait Duration.
Two separate output points to any other Action type.
NOTE: Your display may appear slightly different in version 10.13.0 and newer. These display changes do not affect the functionality of the feature.