The Opened action allows you to move Subscribers in the workflow to separate branches based on an Open tracking event. If a Subscriber Opens an email sent from a Deploy Email action, they will move down the Yes branch of the workflow, and all Subscribers that did not Open the email will move down the No branch of the workflow.
Clicking the Action in the workspace opens the Opened Email popup. Three options must be set for each Open action:
- Proceed: Radio button to select a when to move the Subscribers to the next Action in the workflow:
- Proceed Immediately: As soon as a Subscriber has Opened, move to the Yes branch of the workflow. At the end of the Wait Duration, move all Subscribers that have not opened to the No branch.
- Proceed at end of Duration: At the end of the Wait Duration, move all Subscribers that Opened the email to the Yes branch, and move all Subscribers that have not Opened to the No branch.
- Wait Duration: Required number selector field. The value cannot be less than 1, and must be 15 or greater when the Unit is set to minutes.
- Wait Duration Unit: Required listbox to select the unit of time measurement: Day, Month, Year, Hour, Minute.
To Move Subscribers Based on Open Tracking
- Drag the Opened action to the workspace.
- Click the action to display the Opened Email popup.
- Select the Proceed option.
- Enter a Wait Duration.
- Select a Wait Duration Unit of Day, Month, Year, Hour, or Minute. If you select Minute, then the Wait Duration must be greater than or equal to 15.
- Click SAVE to save the action settings. Click CANCEL to close the popup without saving the changes.
The saved Opened action will appear in the workspace with the Proceed Option (Within or After) and Wait Duration displayed in the action details.
If the Opened action options have not been defined, it will appear in the workspace with a red border.
Attempts to save the Automation Campaign with an incorrectly defined action will result in an error, such as:
- Open Wait Duration can not be less than 0
- Open Proceed Option must be selected
- Once the Wait Duration has passed, all Subscribers remaining in the batch will move to either the Yes or No path.
- The Wait Duration cannot be less than 15 minutes.
- If you change the Wait Duration after the Automation Campaign has already been running, it will not affect Subscribers currently waiting, only Subscribers that enter the action after the Automation Campaign is reactivated.
One input point from any other Action type.
Move Subscribers that Opened the Email to the Yes output path. Move Subscribers that did not Open the Email to the No path at the end of the Wait Duration.
Two separate output points to any other Action type.