The Deploy Campaign Wizard provides many options to define a campaign depending on your Account and settings in your List or Template. Basic options are visible by default. Additional options are available by clicking ADVANCED SETTINGS.
Variations of the following options are available in each Deploy and Schedule Campaign Wizard:
- Mailing Type: The type of campaign to deploy. Selecting the Mailing Type will change the options available through the rest of the wizard.
- Normal: A standard campaign allows selection of List, Template, Account Profile, Segmentation Rule, and Reporting Labels.
- A/B Test: A split campaign with optional winner remainder campaign allows selection of A/B Definition and Account Profile.
- Marketing Automation: An Automation Campaign allows selection of Automation Campaign, List, Account Profile, and Segmentation Rule.
- List: A list of Contacts to target including only Normal, Seed, and Super Lists. Click BROWSE to open a popup displaying all valid Lists sorted by folder and list name. Click a List to select it and close the popup.
- Template: A list of all unarchived Templates in the Account. Click BROWSE to open a popup displaying all Templates defined in the Account or shared to the Account sorted by folder and Template name. Click a Template to select it and close the popup. Once a Template is selected, click the PREVIEW icon to view an example of the Template in a popup.
- Account Profile: A list of all Account Profiles in the Account. The Account Profile defined in the List is selected by default. Once a Profile is selected, click the PREVIEW icon to view the fields and values assigned to the Profile.
- Segmentation: A list of all Standard and Advanced Segmentation Rules in the Account. Click BROWSE to open a popup displaying the rules sorted by folder and rule name. Click a Rule to select it and close the popup.
- Campaign name:
- Format: Email messages can be deployed in one of three formats: Plain Text, HTML, Multipart MIME. A fourth option allows you to let Contacts determine the format they wish to receive.
- Email Reporting Labels: Optional settings to define reporting filters or labels for your campaign.
Advanced Settings is available for all campaign deployments, though the available options differ based on the Mailing Type selected. The Advanced Settings provide additional options for customizing your campaign including:
- Suppression List: This option allows you to remove specific contact email addresses or all contacts of a specific domain from your campaign if they are subscribed to the selected List. This is especially helpful to remove email addresses from domains known to block your messages and affect your deliverability, or to block entire domains that may exist as Spam traps. Ideally, you should remove these contacts from your List entirely, but when that is not an option, temporary Suppression is available.
- Seed List: If you have a group of people within your company that like to receive a copy of every message sent to your contacts, you can add up to 25 email addresses to a Seed List. When you send your Campaign, select the Seed List to add these addresses to the campaign as if they were subscribed to the main list. The message will look and work the same as all other messages sent to the main list.
NOTE: If you deploy a Super List and select to Seed the list, the Seed will send for every List in the Super List, regardless of the Super List De-dupe option.
- Limit # sent: You can send to a specific number of contacts by setting this limit. If blank, no limit will be enforced. The contacts will be selected by the order in which they were added (subscribed or imported) to the List. This effectively sends to the same top contacts each time if you were to set the same limit every time you send the list.
Do not use this feature for segmentation or sampling. Limit is best used for instances of testing your content to known contacts and to test specific lists.
- Throttling: If Campaign Throttling is enabled for your realm, the option to limit the number of messages sent per hour will be displayed. Throttling is disabled by default. To enable throttling for the campaign, select "Limit emails to" and enter a number of 500 or greater. (The minimum throttling rate is 500 per hour.) If Realm Throttling is enabled, you will not be able to use a number greater than the number defined for the Realm level.
- Set Data Macro: If you have created a Set Data Macro, you can select it here. If your list has a default Set Data Macro enabled in the List properties, it will be selected by default.
- Target RSS: If you have any contacts who have subscribed to your List as an RSS feed, you can include them in your campaign. By default, RSS contacts are not included. *Removed in v11.16.0
Addition Wizard Selections
The Deliverability option allows you to seed your campaign with email addresses associated with monitored mailboxes. This feature is limited in its availability and must be enabled in your Realm settings.
To seed your campaign to test the rate of messages delivered to the Inbox, select "Enable a deliverability report for this campaign", then click NEXT
The number of Deliverability events available to use is displayed below. One event is used per deployed campaign.
When the campaign is complete, the results of the Deliverability Report are available in the Campaign Details, Deliverability tab.
Fillin Fields are customizable data fields that you can define at the time the campaign is deployed. If you have Fillin tags in your Template content or List properties, the wizard will prompt you to fill the data. Any required fields will be highlighted with a red box and an asterisk will appear to the right.
Enter the data you would like to include in your message into the displayed Fillin Field(s), and then click NEXT.