Account Profile Fields are similar to Custom Fields, but they are related to the Account, or Realm, instead of to a specific Contact. You can create or delete these fields from the Account Profile Fields page. Each field is prepended with the identifier 'acct_pro_' to distinguish it from List Attributes and Custom Fields in message content. An account supports up to twenty fields.
Accessing Account Profile Fields
Account Profile Fields are found in the Customer Care menu with the other Account management functions. To Access Account Profile Fields, go to the top right menu CUSTOMER CARE > ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT > ACCOUNT PROFILE FIELDS. From here you can choose to:
- Add a new Field
- Delete a Field
- View the Account Profiles
The Account Profile Fields page displays a list of the fields defined in the Account, and includes the following details for each field definition:
The name of the Account Profile Field.
A short description of the field or its purpose.
Click DELETE to remove the field.
To Create a Field
- Go to CUSTOMER CARE > ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT > ACCOUNT PROFILE FIELDS.
- Click ADD.
- Enter an alphanumeric Name up to 23 characters in length. Special characters, other than underscore '_' are not allowed. Any uppercase letters will convert to lower case on save.
- Click SAVE to create the new field. Click CANCEL to return to the Account Profiles Fields list without saving the new definition.
After you create the field, the page will close and the new field will appear in the Account Profiles Fields page. Once you reach twenty fields, en error will occur if you attempt to add more new Fields.
To Delete a Field
- Go to CUSTOMER CARE > ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT > ACCOUNT PROFILE FIELDS to view the list of fields.
- Click DELETE next to the Field.
- Click DELETE to confirm and delete the field. Click CANCEL to return to the Account Profiles Fields list without deleting the field.
WARNING: Deleting a Field will delete the definition and its associated values from all Account Profiles. You will not be able to retrieve this data, and any Lists, Templates, or other content that rely on the field will not work as defined.