To enable WhatCounts Predictive's Behavioral Track and Trigger feature on your eCommerce store, you'll need to install the Behavioral Track & Trigger Magento extension. The recommended way to install the Magento extension is via the Magento Connect Manager (Option #1 below). We recommend first installing the extension on a Test or Staging installation before deploying to Production. To enable this, we provide two different API Keys, one for Staging/Test and one for Production. We will receive triggered events using either key, but once your Track and Trigger campaigns are live, email send will be based only on events from the Production key.
To get your API Keys:
- Navigate to the WhatCounts Predictive application (https://predictive.whatcounts.com)
- Click on the Gear Icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Choose the Behavioral Track & Trigger Validator menu option
- At the top of your page, you will be presented with the two staging keys.
- Use the "staging" key for any test environments
- Use the "production" key for final production environment
Installing The Extension:
WhatCounts Predictive Segment Analytics is distributed as a Magento Connect `tgz` file. This means there are two ways to install it:
- By uploading the `tgz` extension via the Magento Connect Manager (recommended)
- By copying the extension source manually to your Magento system.
Extension Installation - Option #1 - (Recommended Method):
- Download the Magento Connect Manager extension emailed to you by WhatCounts Predictive.
- Log into your Magento Admin console
- Browse to `System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager`
- Re-enter your credentials
- Click the Choose File button
- Select the downloaded `tgz` extension from your file system
- Click Upload
- Click Install Now
Magento Connect will install the package into your system
Extension Installation - Option #2:
- Ensure your Magento Cache is off, and that Magento is not running in compilation mode
- Copy the contents of the extension's `app` folder to your server. Be sure you're uploading the contents of the folder, and not replacing your entire system's app folder
- With the Magento cache off or cleared, browse to `System -> Configuration -> Advanced` and ensure the `WhatCountsPredictive_Analytics` extension is installed
- If you're using the Magento class compiler, recompile your classes
- If you're using the Magento cache, re-enable it
Post Installation Steps (both options)
After installing the extension, you may enter your API Key (located via the instructions above) in the "Write Key" field at
System -> Configuration -> Analytics
If you have been instructed to do so, you should also change the URL of the BTT script at the same time; usually, the default of static.whatcounts.com/analytics.min.js will be correct.
If this page returns a 404 (common during a manual install) log out and log back in to clear your cached Magento session.
Verifying Your Integration
After you’ve installed the Magento extension in your test environment, it is very important to verify that WhatCounts Predictive is receiving all required tracking events by going through the following steps inside your Test store:
- Log in as a registered user
- Navigate to your home page
- Navigate to a product page
- Navigate to a category page
- Add a product to the shopping cart
- Remove the product from the shopping cart
- Search for a product in your site’s search
You can view the data that is being sent to WhatCounts Predictive with our validator.
No Track and Trigger emails will be sent through WhatCounts Predictive until the Magento extension is installed on Production and the Track and Trigger campaign is activated in the WhatCounts Predictive application.
Privacy Law Compliance