WhatCounts data-driven campaigns can now be accessed and set up within Salesforce Marketing Cloud Journey Builder. Easily create Journeys leveraging WhatCount’s predictive, data-driven campaigns, all while managing content setup and execution directly within Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
How it Works
- Configurations of data-driven campaigns are set up in WhatCounts using a unique workflow specifically for Journey Builder
- Retailer sets up the Journey in Salesforce Marketing Cloud based on the marketing objectives (e.g. activities, rules, etc.)
- All campaign content (copy, creative, etc.) is set up within Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- When a customer meets the campaign criteria, an “event” is triggered. WhatCounts sends that event to Journey Builder.
- Journey Builder completes the activities based on the setup.
Once a Journey Builder campaign is configured and activated in WhatCounts, events are sent Salesforce Marketing Cloud as a data extension Entry Event. To create a new Journey utilizing events from WhatCounts, complete the following steps:
Note: the configuration of sending WhatCounts campaign events to Salesforce Marketing Cloud as a data extension must be set up by WhatCounts prior to completing the following steps.
Create Attribute Group
- On the Salesforce Marketing Cloud dashboard, go to "Audience Builder" > "Contact Builder".
- On the "Attribute Groups" page, click "+ Create Attribute Group".
- Give the Attribute Group a unique name, choose an icon, and click the "Create" button.
- Click the "Link Data Extension" button.
- Drill down into the "Data Extensions" folder and select the data extension (Hint: it is the same name as the campaign created in WhatCounts).
- In the drop-down menu above the selected data extension, change the selected value from "One" to "Many".
- Under "Customer Data", click "Contact Key".
- Under the selected data extension, click "EmailAddress".
- Click "Save". Click "Done" on the "Verify Your Change" pop-up warning.
Create the Journey
- In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, go to Journey Builder and select "New Journey".
- Select "Event" from the Entry Sources section and drag it to start the Journey.
- Click "Configure" to define the entry source.
- Select the event Entry Source (Hint: it is the same name as the campaign created in WhatCounts).
- Add additional attributes, if applicable, then click "Next".
- Click "Done".
- Proceed to build out the Activities of the Journey based on your needs for the campaign.