Welcome aboard! The first step in your onboarding process is to get the WhatCounts Predictive Magento Extension installed. Everything you need has been sent to you in your Welcome Email.
- The attached zip file. Contained within the file is both your plugin and a PDF file with the installation instructions. All of the configuration options have been pre-populated for you except for the password.
- Your password. You can retrieve it by clicking on the PrivNote link in the body of the email (note: the password is destroyed once you click the link and then browse away from the page, so be sure to copy it and save it for the installation).
An optional but timesaving next step is to create a WhatCounts Predictive login and assign admin privileges to it for your Magento Account. With this access, we are able to view the config file for the WhatCounts Predictive Plugin and troubleshoot if needed. Once you've created our admin login, please send the user name, password, and URL of the Magento Admin Panel to us using PrivNote.
Tips for a Successful Installation
A few things to keep in mind when installing:
- Check the time on your server. If it is off by more than a minute, our plugin won't work.
- If you would like to test it first on a development or staging server, do the installation there and then let us know the URL or IP address that we can use to access that server. Once we have success there, you can install on your production server and test again there.
- If you have any problems at all, please let us know. We can usually resolve issues quickly over the phone.
Add Google Analytics Tracking to Your Magento Site
In order to realize the benefit of seeing Source information in your WhatCounts Predictive analytics, you will need to ensure that your Magento site is set up to access your Google Analytics properly. The good news is that Magento have done all of the hard work for you. There is just a bit of simple configuring that you need to do.
Magento supports two types of tracking:
- Page View Tracking: Lists the origin from which your web store visitors linked to your store.
- E-commerce Tracking: Lists the customers that make purchases and what they buy.
First, you need to sign up at http://www.google.com/analytics/sign_up.html. You will receive a Google Analytics account number. Write it down since you will need it for the Magento configuration.
Then, configure the Google Analytics tracking in Magento:
- Open the Magento Admin area and navigate to System->Configuration->Sales->Google API.
- Expand the Google Analytics section.
- Pick the Yes option from the Enable drop-down menu.
- Enter the Google Analytics account number in the Account number field. Click on the Save Config button.
Privacy Law Compliance